Friday, December 7, 2007

Excuse me while I wet myself...

According to the local news station, WFMY2

Greensboro is getting an Apple Store. A retail store for the computer company will open near the Shops at Friendly Center "early next year," said Coolidge Porterfield Jr....



{insert the sounds of heralding trumpets and singing angels}

Why is this exciting? Especially as seeing how I have *nothing* resembling a disposable income right now? Because one day, one day friends, I *will* have something resembling a disposable income once again and I will be able to make a big-ticket purchase at this Apple store that is located a mere 20 minutes from my house.

Once upon a time ago in a Past Life, when my Jeep had a few less miles on it and gas wasn't $3 a gallon, I would enjoy nothing more than driving to Durham and visiting the Streets at Southpoint and the Apple Store there. With its shiny hardwood floors and that New Mac Smell wafting around, I could happily stay there for an hour or two testing all the ins and outs of new software and hardware. But like I said, that was in another lifetime when driving 45-60 minutes for the sole purpose of window shopping at a wildly expensive electronics store wasn't a complete waste of time and gas.

For the meanwhile, I will be perfectly content with wheeling around the new, and more conveniently located, Greensboro store like the Mac fangirl that I am. Oogling the new OS, Leopard, in person as well as playing with the latest hardware Apple has to offer and consoling myself with the knowledge that even if I could buy a new computer RIGHT NOW, it would be outdated in six months. Besides, I haven't decided if I want to update with a new laptop or desktop. So it's better that I wait.

Really.

The longer I wait, the more uber cool my new computer will be.

And for the record I'm not broke, just badly bent.

----------------
Now playing: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Waiting
via FoxyTunes

tag:, , , , , , , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: