Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I love a day....

I do love a day where I can use the word “cattywompus” in general conversation and not have to explain myself.

Me: “You might want to tell the tow-truck driver that the Jeep is sitting cattywompus in the driveway. It's going to be a little more of a challenge to get it onto the truck than usual.”

AAA Operator: “So it's sitting crooked in the driveway. Ok, I'll put that in a note to the driver.”

I know, I could have said “crooked” in the first place, but cattywompus just seemed so much more....fitting.

In case cattywompus is not part of the vernacular where you're from, here's a visual aid, taken this morning.

If you're wondering how it came to be in that position, well, it just died. Fortunately it chose a prime piece of driveway real estate to do so. This is Miss Crazy's Jeep, btw, just for clarity. She was on her way to work this morning (Driving Miss Crazy is back to driving herself again) and b/c it's often dark when she leaves and our ditch is deep enough that should you back into it you won't be able to back out, she pulls into the side yard there on the right then pulls out of the driveway.

Except for this morning. When she went to back into the side yard and the Jeep decided she didn't want to go no mo'.

The battery, at the ripe old age of 5 months, had decided to crap out. Only that wasn't the first conclusion we came to. Since the battery was only 5 months old then, of course, it must be something else. The starter, the alternator, something Really Expensive. Naturally on top of being gorgeous, intelligent, worldly women we are Car Experts.

Yes we are.

1-800-AAA-HELP and Truitt Auto Repair. The phone numbers for each are on speed dial.

What more do we need to know?

Completely ignoring Occam's Razor, Miss Crazy took My Jeep to work and I had AAA haul Her Jeep to Doug's (he's our mechanic. I could go on and on about how stellar he is but I won't b/c he'll have his own blog post here eventually, so ingrained in our lives is he.) He called two hours later with the news that, no two ways about it, the battery was dead. Nothing more sinister than that. Being the fabulous man that he is, instead of leaving me to deal with haggling Auto Zone over a deserved replacement battery, he drove it all the way over there and did it himself.

That is some kind of service right there. I have AAA coverage, a good mechanic, a good plumber/handyman, and a good guy to mow my yard when I can't. Why do I need a boyfriend again?






Oh.


Yeah.


Well there is that....ahem.....

technorait: , ,

No comments: