Sunday, December 9, 2007

So proud am I...

Yesterday, after two previous failed attempts at a state championship, the Western Alamance Warriors pulled one out. Big time. They rolled over the North Gaston Wildcats 62-36.

You would think that I would be proud of that accomplishment by my old high school. Thankful that although I graduated seven years ago, my school can now finally lay claim to a state football championship (such claims are big deals around here). That my heart bleeds blue and white,school spirit and all that. But no. Not really. I was a band geek so what little alliance I do have lies with the Western Alamance All American Brigade. Oh, and the Science Club. And the cross country team, and the softball team. But that's it.

*This* is what I'm most proud of.

Let me preface this story by saying: why oh WHY didn't I stop, right there in the crowded parking lot at Target, and take a picture?!?! That was a just gift with a big red bow on top saying "here ya go! Mock away! C'mon...you know you are just DYING to make a snarky comment!" and I failed to document it with a picture. So much lost potential!!! So you, dear readers, must settle for a mere retelling.

Late yesterday afternoon, after all the traffic had made its way back from the game in Chapel Hill, I was leaving the parking lot at Target when I saw it.

*It* was a large, black SUV. All decked out in Warrior Pride. Blue and white chalk markers had spelled out various encouragements. "Go Warriors" "Rock the house!" etc etc, ad nauseum . A navy blue and white WA flag adorned the antena, magnets shaped like football helmets decorated the sides, it was all very awe-inspiring.

But the pièce de résistance was the back window, where in big, bold, blue and white letters it read:

{wait for it...}


{this is good stuff right c'here}


"Nudor the Wildcats"

Nudor, and I'm just guessing here, must be a variant of the transitive verb "neuter", which means "to castrate". I have to give whoever wrote "nudor" some props. At least it's spelled somewhat phonetically so when reading it, one doesn't realize the grievous misspelling until his/her eyes catch up with his/her brain.

The absolute best part? The knowledge that this car had driven the entire way to Chapel Hill and back, on I-40, with "Nudor the Wildcats" so proudly displayed on the back window for all to see.

Blue & White Chalk Markers: $5
Gas to Kenan Stadium in Chapel Hill and back: $20
Being blissfully unaware that you've made WHS look like low-brow, uneducated yokels?: priceless

technorati: , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: